Did you ever go down memory lane with your mate or a good friend? Wasn’t it fun? Did you notice how it drew you closer to each other? Why not do the same with your Savior?I have been amazed at all the twists and turns through which God and I have traveled. I had NO IDEA I would be a writer and speaker! Nor that I would be a widow and a happy one. My life’s story is not the one I would have scripted. But that’s good! His story is much better than what I could have penned. You also have a history with God: dwell on it; reminisce with your Savior:
- Tell Him how wonderful that day was when you saw the light, and He redeemed your soul from hell.
- Thank Him for the many answered prayers, including the “No’s” and “Not now’s.”
- Snicker together about that once-baffling incident(s), and how you now see that it indeed has worked out for the good!
- Recall those times of His long-suffering with you when you didn’t understand your suffering and rebelled or strayed.
- Remember those special times when God revealed Himself to you in such an undeniable way that it brought you to your knees in awe and gratitude.
- Let Him remind you that He’s always been there, even when it seemed like He wasn’t.
- Let Him tell you of the times He was proud of you when you stood your ground on His ground; when you obeyed in that very difficult situation; when you forgave the unforgivable because He had forgiven you.
- Discuss those days when you despaired and wanted to give up, and how He never once gave up on you, but sustained you so that you wouldn’t.
- Recount those extremely joy-filled days when that never-ending trial finally came to an end; when He supplied funds supernaturally; when your premature baby survived and is now thriving; when you went on that dream vacation before that loved one passed away; when He clearly protected you or a loved one from calamity.
- Acknowledge God for His unwavering faithfulness especially when you were continually wavering in your faith.
- Describe how grateful you are for Him breaking your heart over a repeated sin issue so that you could finally achieve victory.
- Converse over the many ways He has given whatever you needed at any given moment: love, comfort, strength, forgiveness, protection, direction, or conviction (2 Pet 1:3-4).
- And don’t forget to talk about those pre-saved days. How He pursued you like the “Hound of Heaven.” How in all the different events—the good, bad, and ugly—God was working in your life to bring you to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ!
You have a His-Story with God. Reminisce with your Lord, cooperate with the Author in the present, and you’ll be surprised at the ending!
“And lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.” (Mat 28:20)Would you please share in the comment section a precious memory you had with your Lord? I’d love to hear it and so would my readers. Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.