- Do you long to connect with the Creator of your soul in a deeper personal way?
- Does God seem far away, like a stranger…Someone big up there, somewhere, and unreachable?
- Are you struggling in your walk with God because you simply don’t know how to relate to Him?
- Perhaps you know about God but it’s not making much of a difference in your life.
Then you’re in the right place.
- Understand that God wants to be known. Although He is invisible, He’s not hiding. God has revealed Himself through creation, history, prophets, His Word, and through His Son.
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many
times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son…. (Heb 1:1-2)
Anyone can have an intimate relationship with God. no matter your age,
background or education level. No matter who you are, the God of the universe
is inviting you into a deep, vibrant relationship with Him!
God wants to be known by you in a deep personal way.
- Come by way of Christ
There is a prerequisite in relating to God. You cannot come in just any way you want. You must approach our holy God His way—through His Son Jesus Christ. Read more…
- Understand relationships are two-sided
To have a good relationship, each party has to do their part. But how in the world—a physical, tangible one— do we relate to Someone we cannot see, hear, or touch? Well, since we live in this physical world, why not look at what a relationship entails with someone that we can see, hear, and touch? That is, human relationships.
What comprises a good human relationship? To name just a few: quality time together, communication, respect, acceptance, faithfulness, forgiveness and love. God fulfills His role in relating with us perfectly, but what is our role?
Rose has written extensively on this topic in her book, Our Knowable God, and you can read an excerpt from chapter 1 here.
In the meantime, just start spending time with God and in His Word. Let Him guide you in the relationship, and you’ll be surprised how much you will grow!
“I will be found by you,” declares the LORD. (Jer 29:14)
- Get serious
The best relationships are where both sides give their all. God is totally committed to you. He proved that on the cross. He wants you to reciprocate.
He is looking for those who are wholly devoted to Him.
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth
to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.(2 Chr 16:9).
- Abide in Christ
You need to continue living in Christ; dwelling in God’s Living Word. Sorry—no coasting allowed. If you want a relationship to grow and remain sweet, then you must continue to do the things that promote healthy relationships, whether that’s with God or a human being.
Is it Worth the Effort and Cost?
You made be wondering, “Isn’t knowing that I’m going to heaven enough? Why should I put out the effort to have a growing relationship with God? It’s too hard living the way God says. I can’t do it!”
Well, Jesus thought you were worth it! He willingly paid the price for your sins so that He could reconcile you back into a right relationship with Him forever.
There are also huge rewards! Here are just a few:
- The more you know God intimately the more content you will be.
There is a void in our hearts that only God can fill. He made us that way. We will never be complete, totally satisfied, or fulfilled without God as the number-one priority in our lives.
- Untold blessings from God’s glorious riches are available to those who grow in their relationship with Him (Eph 1:7, 18; 1 Cor 2:9). God loves to pour out His favor upon His obedient children.
- An increasing knowledge and love of God gives you a sure hope and peace in good times and in bad times (Eph 1:18; Heb 6:18-19). You will feel progressively more secure in your eternal destiny (1 Jn 5:13).
- The deeper your connection with God, the less circumstances and emotions will dominate your life.
- The more you understand who you are in Christ, the more ability you will have to live a victorious life over sin.
We pray that you will start to move closer to God. He is approachable if you come with a humble open heart through His Son. “Come near to God and he will come near to you” (Jas 4:8). And you will see that any cost or effort will be well worth it!
Taste and see that the Lord is good! (Ps 34:8)
All Scripture taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.