Word games are very popular these days. Whether they are the old fashion booklet of word searches, a physical gameboard of scrabble, or their online equivalents, people love them. They are good for our brains because they make us think. Plus they are just fun!
God wants us to have fun—a necessary component of a happy balanced life. The Bible tells us to do everything unto the Lord (Col 3:17), and that includes our fun. So let’s have some…
Fun with words and God
Let’s see how many words we can think of that begin with the letter “I” that applies to God and our Christian walk. You might even go get your kids as we talk about the…
“I’s” of God
Who God is:
- The Great I AM
What He did/does:
- Instigated a plan to reconcile man before the creation of the universe. (Eph 1:4)
- Initiates a relationship with each person.
- Indicts us of our sin so we can admit we are sinners and receive eternal life. (Heb 4:11-13)
- Invites us Into a personal relationship with Him. If we say yes, Jesus removes our Impurities through His blood and then Imputes His righteousness on us. (Rom 4:23-25)
- He allows us to experience Intimacy with Him, so that we become Intoxicated with the joy of His presence and Infatuated with His character.
- Indwells us with the Holy Spirit (Rom 8:11)
- Instructs us and teaches us the way we should go (Ps 32:8)
- Informs us with the knowledge and understanding of His truths, so our love for Him will Increase
- His Word Illuminates our path. (Ps 119:105)
- Infuses comfort, encouragement, and life itself into our souls (2 Cor 1:3, Rom 15:14-15)
- Invigorates us with joy so we can persevere with His strength (Neh 8:10)
- Intercedes for us in prayer. (Rom 8:26, Heb 7:25)
- Interrupts and Interferes with our plans when they are not In line with His. (Job 5:12, Is 14:24)
- Includes us In His family (Heb 2:11)
- Does the Impossible
- Forgives our Irritabilities, Irrationalities, Inconsistencies, and Irreverent behavior
- Insulates and protects us from harm
As a result, we believers:
- Are no longer Incomplete, Imperfect, Inadequate
- No longer need to feel Insecure.
- Are Inseparable from His love (Rom 8:38-39)
- Have Incredible hope because our Imperishable Inheritance is In an Impregnable place, kept secure In heaven. (1 Pet 1:3-5)
- Need not remain Immature because His divine power gives us everything we need to live In a godly way (2 Pet 1:3)
Our response as believers:
Indebted to Him for the Injustice Jesus suffered In our place. Instead of punishing us, God Intentionally poured out His wrath on His precious Son—Inconceivable that He would do such a thing for Insolent mankind! Therefore, In light of all this, we need to live as a living sacrifice In compliance and In line with His will.
And then, we are to
Pass it on:
- Instruct our kids In the ways of the Lord
- Ingrain His Word In their hearts
- Instill a heathy fear of the Lord and Impress upon them the Importance of putting God first.
We are to
- Initiate conversations with those around us, so that we can Introduce them to Jesus and Influence them to live for Jesus—the only Ideal way to live.
- Live In a way that Incites others to consider our wonderful God, to Induce their curiosity as we Inconceivably rejoice In our suffering.
I know I went a little over-board with this silly game. But it wasn’t Idiotic because it got our focus on God Himself. We were loving God with our minds.
When I first started writing this, I was feeling blah. But because I was dwelling on the Person of God, I began to delight in Him and it lifted my spirits. I hope yours were too!
In fact, I believe that God joined us in the fun as we delighted in Him.
God is not a killjoy! He wants us to have fun and laugh, and to Include Him in it.
My friend, God Invested everything for us, will you and I reciprocate by allowing God to Infiltrate every part of our lives and love Him with our Innermost being?
For In Him we live and move and have our being. (Acts 17:28)
In case these were Insufficient, here are a few more I’s to ponder and have fun with:
Incessant, Inside, Incurable, Idle, Immanuel, Immediate, Imminent, Immortal, Impact, Imperative, Impeccable, Impartial, Impatient, Incapable, Incorruptible, Increase, Independence, Individual, Inerrant, Inexcusable, Inexhaustible, Inexpressible, Irreconcilable, Irresistible, Irreversible