Next month I will be celebrating 32 years with Christ as my Savior!
It’s been an incredible life, despite the many hardships along the way—including being widowed from my soulmate and 7 surgeries in the last 6 years.
I’m sure many of you have had much greater difficulties than me. What keeps you going? I’ll tell you what keeps me going:
The sense of God’s presence. Experiencing those times when I know without a shadow of doubt that I just had an undeniable touch from my Lord.
Let me give you a sampling of some of my God moments:
- When He comforted me during my greatest times of sorrow, inadequacy, and feelings of not being loved.
- The time I sensed God’s pleasure in me after Ed passed away because I chose to continue serving and obeying Him in the writing of my 1st book Our Knowable God.
- My egg story
- When He showed me the fruit of my efforts in the spiritual growth of 1 of my disciples.
- When He gave me the entire book preface and intro of my 2nd book (From the Vertical to the Horizontal) at 4 a.m. on July 4, 2012.
- When Ed and I led his sister to the Lord around our kitchen table in 2008.
- When God gave me a new idea for an E-book just last week, where I spent 3 hours in writing at least 50% of it!
- The time I hiked up Mount Cammerer in Tennessee and was astounded with His majesty and burst out into songs of praise.
- The many times the Holy Spirit gave me understanding of His Word, often causing me to fall on my knees in awe.
- The many times I felt that I was His precious daughter.
I have many more; these are just a tiny sampling.
During those times that I don’t feel His presence I know He’s still there. My faith is not based on feelings, but on the evidence of God’s faithfulness. Nevertheless, God knows we are emotional creatures (especially this one!). We live in a tangible world. He knows we need tangible touches.
He wants us to know He is real, faithful, and loves us enough to die on the cross for our sins!
These moments were real and tangible morsels of God. My appetite has been stimulated; my stomach is gurgling, my heart is fluttering in anticipation of heaven and the great feast awaiting you and I.
God’s revelations of Himself spur us on to persevere during the hard times. They are foretastes of heaven. They help us know it’ll be worth it—that He’ll be worth it!
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. (Ps 34:8)
What are some of your God moments? I’d love to hear them in the comment section or on facebook. They would be encouraging to me and my readers.
THE HOLY BIBLE: NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica. All rights reserved worldwide